Watch Fleecemane Lion in Action
If you don’t have the mana to make your lion Monstrous right away, try to have some spell on hand that’ll protect it in case your opponent targets it for destruction. For example, I happened to have a spell that gave it +2/+2 right after my opponent tried to deal 4 damage to it.
So Your Opponent Has an Indestructible and Hexproof Lion. What can you do now?
If your opponent made his/her Fleecemane Lion Monstrous, hence indestructible and hexproof, there are still some ways to destroy it. Keep in mind hexproof only prevents you from casting spells that directly target the Lion. And indestructible creatures can still be exiled, returned to their owners’ hands, sacrificed by force, or destroyed by giving it -X/-Y where Y is greater than its toughness. Some spells that can you can use at this point include:
- Languish (Black): Gives all creatures -4/-4
- Infinite Obliteration (Black): Exile all creatures with the same name from opponent’s hand, graveyard, and library. (Will not exile any creatures already in play, unfortunately.)
- Chainer’s Edict (Black): Target player sacrifices a creature. Useful if Fleecemane Lion is their only creature in play.
- Geth’s Verdict (Black): Target player sacrifices a creature.
- False Prophet (White): When it’s put into a graveyard, exile all creatures.
- Merciless Eviction (Black and White): Pick the “exile all creatures” option
- Final Judgement (White): Exile All Creatures
- Apocalypse (Red): Exile all Permanents
- Perilous Vault (Artifact): Exile All Non-Land Permanents
- Ætherize (Blue): Return all attacking creatures to owner’s hand. (Hopefully, you can counter it when he/she tries to recast it.)
- Glaring Spotlight (Artifact): Removes hexproof from your opponent’s creatures. Then you need to cast a spell making the lion -X/-Y where Y is greater than its current toughness.
Although not completely invincible, Fleecemane Lion can be extremely annoying and difficult for an opponent to remove. To learn more about this card, just head over to Amazon.com by following the button below!