Kor Haven is a Legendary Land that can be tapped for 1 colorless mana although it’s a better fit for White decks due to its second ability. If you pay 1 White and 1 colorless mana and tap it, then you can prevent all combat damage that a particular attacking creature will deal to you that particular turn. It functions much like a Circle of Protection (COP) enchantment with a few distinct advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages over COPs:
- It prevents damage regardless of the color of the creature dealing damage.
- It can be tapped for mana if your opponent isn’t attacking.
- It’s more mana efficient early in the game (with a COP, you have to pay a casting cost of 2 and then pay 1 colorless mana to activate its ability for the first time.)
- You can prevent the damage the attacking creature does to your blocker unlike COPs which can only prevent damage done to YOU.
Disadvantages over COPs:
- It’s a legend which means only one can be in play at any given moment.
- It only prevents damage from attacking creatures.
- It can only be used once a turn (unless you use something like an Icy Manipulator to untap it.)
Watch Kor Haven in Action
My Final Thoughts
If you’re playing a match, consider putting these in your main deck and COPs on your sideboard since you don’t know what color your opponent is playing. Next round, swap some COPs in based on your opponent’s colors. If your opponent is playing multiple colors, it may still be a good idea to include these alongside your COPs. To learn more about Kor Haven, please click through the button below to Amazon.com.